System Requirements (Windows)
RealPlayer is designed to work on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
RealPlayer System Requirements
CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
RAM: 1 GB
Hard disk: 1.5 GB available free space
Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 8 (32- or 64-bit) in Desktop Mode
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, 11.0 or later
QuickTime 7.5 or later recommended
Web browsers for video downloading and bookmarking:
- Google Chrome current version, and two previous versions
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Mozilla Firefox current version, and two previous versions
RealPlayer Official Site
Additional requirements for
RealPlayer Plus 16:
Good to know
- RealPlayer only works in Desktop Mode in Windows 8. If you would like a Windows Store app, check out RealPlayer Express.
- You can still use RealPlayer if you have Internet Explorer 7, but popular video websites no longer support Internet Explorer 7. This means that features that interact with video websites, such as Web Videos, will not work.
- RealPlayer 16 will install on Windows XP SP2, but with a limited set of features. Upgrading to Windows XP SP3 is recommended.
RealPlayer previous version